Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Crash Hot Potatoes

First off - Best Name Ever! Having family in Aussie land I knew right away that the recipe must have originally come from there as well. I laughed when I saw it! Wondering what it means? "Crash Hot" is like "super". My mom always uses the phrase "crash hot keen" as in "I'm just not crash hot keen on the idea of you getting a tattoo." :)

I found the original recipe at Pioneer Woman and it is truly heavenly! Click here to find the original recipe.


Here's what I did:

Baking potatoes (however many)
Olive Oil
Salt

Nuke those taters until done. I placed them around the edge of the turntable and cooked for 5 minutes on high. Cook until tender - you may need to adjust the time depending on how many potatoes and how hot your microwave cooks.

Brush olive oil on a baking sheet and place your potatoes on the sheet - evenly spaced. Take the potatoes and smoosh them with a potato masher. Don't smash them all the way down. Leave a bit of height (at least an inch) so they still stick together as a unit and don't fall apart when you lift them to serve.

Now brush the tops with more oil. Season to your taste. Rosemary, S&P, parmesan, whatever you like.

Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or so or until they are golden, crunchy and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I think I will be "crash hot keen" on these potatoes. :-) Love you xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails